Beverly Hills Grandparents Rights Attorney
Grandparents can play a significant role in the lives of their grandchildren and the family as a whole. California courts often account for this in cases of divorce, parental death, or other such circumstances which can alter a family dynamic.
Grandparents typically have the right to be involved in the lives of their grandchildren to a reasonable degree. Sometimes, they need to fight to ensure these rights are protected.
Doing so is much easier with the help of a qualified legal professional. If you are a grandparent in the Beverly Hills area who believes your rights are being denied, contact a Beverly Hills grandparents rights attorney at Baghdaserians Law Group to learn more about your legal options.
What California Law Says About Grandparents Rights
California law states that “a grandparent can ask the court for reasonable visitation with a grandchild.”
This doesn’t mean a court will immediately grant this type of request. To demonstrate they deserve reasonable visitation rights, a grandparent must ensure the following conditions are met:
- They have established a preexisting relationship between themselves and their grandchild
- The nature of their visits with a grandchild will not interfere with parental rights or otherwise have a negative impact on a parent’s relationship with their child
This highlights one of many reasons it is important to enlist the help of a Beverly Hills grandparents rights law firm whose experts have handled cases like yours in the past. A lawyer can help you demonstrate that these conditions are met when you ask a court to grant you visitation rights.
When Can a Grandparent Petition for Visitation Rights in Beverly Hills?
Grandparents can petition for visitation rights when:
- One of their grandchild’s parents has passed away
- A child custody case is pending
- A grandchild’s parents are not married to each other
- A grandchild’s parents are married but don’t live together and the nature of their relationship meets other relevant criteria (which a Beverly Hills grandparents rights attorney can explain to you in greater detail)
- The whereabouts of a parent are unknown
- One of the grandchild’s parents officially and formally supports the petition for visitation
- A grandchild has been adopted
If any of the above apply to your current situation and you would like to petition a court for the right to visit your grandchildren, get in touch with a Beverly Hills grandparents rights lawyer to begin the process.
How to Demonstrate You Are Eligible for Grandparents Rights
An attorney can help you in several ways when you are filing a petition for visitation rights as a grandparent. For example, we can help you gather and present evidence showing you have a preexisting and positive relationship with your grandchild. This can potentially include:
- Video footage of you and your grandchild interacting
- Testimonials from other family members
- Accounts from witnesses who are aware of your positive relationship with your grandchildren
- If necessary, statements from your grandchildren
Contact a Beverly Hills Grandparents Rights Attorney
You deserve to see your grandchildren if you have genuinely played a beneficial role in their life. If your rights are being denied, a Beverly Hills grandparents rights attorney at Baghdaserians Law Group can help you take appropriate legal action. Learn more by contacting us online or calling us at (310) 299-4608.